Penn State Human Resources (HR) is seeking to hire a Human Resources Assistant who will provide excellent support to the team of HR Data and Onboarding.
Human Resources Assistant Duties
Responsibilities may include:
- Rendering a positive and welcoming onboarding experience to all new employees who join the Penn State community;
- Supporting new employees with the completing of employment and human resources forms (e.g. I-9, W-4, etc.) which should be in accordance with Federal or State laws and University policies;
- Processing human resources and payroll forms with the use of our Human Capital Management system, Workday;
- Ensure quick paced processing in accordance with payroll deadlines;
- Running database queries and also generating various kinds of reports;
- As well as other duties as assigned.
Qualities We Look Out For:
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate professionalism, accuracy, and attention to detail, the ability to work independently, as well as being part of a team; and a high level of sensitivity in handling confidential information.
The successful candidate should also possess excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and oral; the passion to effectively learn and use new technologies; and the ability to prioritize and handle multi-tasks.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Skills: Workday, Customer Service, Employee Orientation
Qualifications And Experience
This job will be occupied as a level 2, or level 3, based upon the competencies of the successful candidate, including education, and experience. Typically requires a High School diploma or higher along with one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 2. An added experience and/or education and competencies will be required for higher-level jobs. This is a fixed-term appointment to be funded for one year from date of hire along with the excellent possibility of re-funding.
Take sight of: How You Can Get A Permit To Work In The U.S.
Penn State is dedicated and accountable for supporting diversity, equity, with inclusion in all of its forms. We encourage individual uniqueness, and support a culture of inclusive excellence that allows both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the institutional and educational benefits of diversity, and motivate all individuals to help them thrive. We place our value on inclusive excellence as a core strength and key element of our public service mission. Apply Now!